My photo
Welcome to my little ramblings on makeup, nails & fitness - in fact, anything beauty-related.. U may find some personal updates here n there too! Enjoy!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

ELF-ing

Yup, I'm probably thinking too much about Christmas..
but don't be mistaken, I'm not going to talk about santa and elf/ elves today... :)

I'm actually refering to e.l.f. eyes lips face!

Eye makeup completed using e.l.f. Essential Duo Eyeshadow (in Blueberry).

I wore this look pretty often when I just bought the eyeshadow from local SaSa store. 
And I like to pair the look with grey coloured contact lenses. I was wearing Dueba DM23 in the pictures.

So sorry babes.. I forgot where I actually bought this pair of lenses, but I will be posting links to some online stores for coloured lenses in my next few entries.. 
Keep a lookout for that if you are interested!
Blueberry
Close-up
I used the lighter blue for the inner halves of my upper lid and lower lash line.
For the darker blue, I used it for the outer halves of my upper lid and lower lash line.
I piled on more of the darker blue on my crease and outer-V for more depth to my eyes.
It's as simple as that!

Of course, I lined my eyes with black liner and put on black mascara. Also, I highlighted my brow bone with a shimmery white eyeshadow to compliment the matt e.l.f. eyeshadows.

Tada!
If you want a tutorial on the look above, comment below and I'll do it!


Yup, the colours turned out to be pretty greyish! So, here are the swatches for you:

I don't find the colours very pigmented but should do better with a white creamy base like NYX jumbo pencil in milk. The above colours were achieved after a few swaps on my hand.

I also bought their Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Coffee & Cream. This was the first eyeshadow cream that I own and I was planning to use them as bases, hence I chose one with a very dark colour (brown) and light colour (cream white).
Coffee & Cream
 
Hmm.. I must say I don't really like the cream shadows. 
I have tried them a few times (as bases and setting them with powder eyeshadows), but I usually experience creasing.
Things seem better when I apply only a very thin layer of the cream shadows.

The Cream shadow has gold speckles in it and is very shimmery. Useful as a highlight and when I need to create looks for my dance competitions or performances. So I might still continue using it.

However, for the Coffee shadow, it simply "runs" too much and my makeup is always smudged by the end of the day (sometimes, in just a few hours)!
*Panda-look*
Should I even try using it as a eyeliner?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading...









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! do a tutorial. I am still timid with eyeshadows because of my oil lids. BUT I found the primer that solved my problem! I might try more looks now.

NatalieSecretCode said...

Thankew!
Yupz, I'm looking forward to your pictures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...