My photo
Welcome to my little ramblings on makeup, nails & fitness - in fact, anything beauty-related.. U may find some personal updates here n there too! Enjoy!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Nail Art with Sally Hansen + Review

I've recently done up my nails!


I was in the mood for something more dramatic, so I went ahead with Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Flirt (no. 12). It's a deep plum purple colour.
I must say this is the first Sally Hansen nail polish that I'm not very satisfied with! :(

Reasons:
a) I find it hard to control the brush and application hasn't been as smooth as the other Sally Hansen polishes.
b) Takes a few practices to get an even coat of the polish. Somehow I experienced clumps and bumps on my 2nd coat.
c) Chips faster than I expected...

I actually ask my mum to get me this all the way from USA (because I refused to purchase from local stores, knowing that prices in USA are cheaper :p).
I was so eager to try this out! Too bad, after a few tries, I still don't quite like it and I'm really trying to use it up, while creating new nailart ideas :)
Nonetheless, the deep plum purple is a nice colour!


The Sally Hansen products that I used
Next up, I used their new product Nail Art Pen in Silver, to draw the designs. This was my first time using it and I think it is worth a try! It works just like a marker and the color went onto my nails easily.
The silver turns out a little greyish so don't expect too much shine or glitter ya!

And you probably need to go through the design at least twice to get an obvious shade of the colour.
**Note: On the package it says: Do not use on bare nails.
So remember to have at least a base coat on!


Marker-like tip
I will probably get more of this product because it gives me better control especially when I'm doing my own nails. White and black colour next time! This was also bought from USA, so I'm not sure if Watson sells them already.. (I will check it out and comment below!)

To add a little blingz to the design, I used L.A. Colors Art Deco in Ice Breaker. Hmm.. but my camera didn't pick up the glitters well!! Argh...


Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Colour
Anyway, I am also showing you Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Colour which I love! Other than this colour (Passionate Plum), I used to have another colour which I cannot remember but they are good. Easy to apply and no chipping for quite some time.

Another collection that I like is their Hard As Nail Colour. My bestie, Wanxuan, gave me 2 bottles as birthday presents years ago and that's how I got introduced to Sally Hansens!

Alrighty, so here's just my few cents' worth. More reviews on Sally Hansen's products and other nail polishes coming up.. so stay tuned!

Thanks for reading

Loves, Nat

2 comments:

NatalieSecretCode said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NatalieSecretCode said...

Hi Peeps,

I have checked Watsons and I did not see the nail art pen.. Maybe not available in Singapore yet?
If anyone has seen it, do comment and let the rest know!

Cheers,
Nat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...