My photo
Welcome to my little ramblings on makeup, nails & fitness - in fact, anything beauty-related.. U may find some personal updates here n there too! Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cracking nail polishes

Hmm... So there has been a pretty HUGE hoo-ha about the cracking nail polish huh?

I've heard many people raving about the OPI Black Shatter...
Many other brands are coming up/ have came up with their cracking nail polishes too!

Well, I seriously don't know which company came up with such nail polishes first.
*SHRUG*

Anyway, I found cracking nail polishes sometime back in Singapore before this BIG hoo-ha, so I thought it is the "right" time to blog about it now! :D

The brand is not really known (at least by me!) and it says CHNails...

I got it from a pushcart in Level 1 Liang Court (Clarke Quay) and the seller has a pretty wide range of colours!

I bought the hot pink one as shown above and a purple one for my friend as a Christmas pressie last year.
(Yup, that's how far back when I found such nail polishes!)

This is how it looks like with a black base:
My first try-out.. Not perfect but I'm happy with the look!
There are some tricks to really make the nail polish work for you:
1. Wait for the base (black colour in this case) to dry completely first.
This is to prevent any smudging.

2. Next is to put on a thick coat of the cracking nail polish and brush it on the nails with one stroke at one particular area.
If you go over the same area with more than one stroke of nail polish, you won't be able to see the cracking effect nicely.

I only succeed after a few tries... :)

Oh! I almost forgot the price.. It got this at SGD 12.50.

Let me know if you want it but can't find it ok?
I will try to get them for you guys and send them to you!

I'm sorry that I don't have the colours available at the moment but will let you all know if I happen to go to the store again!

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Cheers,
Nat


9 comments:

Christina said...

Love love love this look on you. plus, it's nice to see a color shatter instead of the black one. Nice post lady

xo

♥ Natalie said...

Thank you sooo much for following! ♥ Really appreciate it! I'm always so happy about it, haha :D
And we have the same name, that's soooo nice~ (:
Really like your blog! You are so beautiful... I follow you too! (:

Ohhh, crackling nail poilishes are nice, I like them (: But I have no polish... but a good friend of mine tried it on my nails and I liked it (:

http://4seasons92.blogspot.com/

Natalie said...

Thank you Ladies for the lovely comments!
♥♥♥

Tiffany said...

i love this color! :)
do you have a youtube channel?

Natalie said...

Hi Tiffany.. Yes I have! There's a link On my blog... Check it out!! :D

Roxy Heart said...

Love this color!
I'm using the China Glaze Crackle.
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

Serafina said...

Thanks for tips for these cracking polishes, I just bought one and can't wait for it to come so I can try it out now! :)
Great blog I'm following! (thanks so much for following me, btw, yay!)

Amelda said...

Oooh....I like!!!
Thanks for following my blog too. Am following you too! xx

Natalie said...

Thanks Babes for dropping by and leaving me a comment! Appreciate it! Hugzzzz!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...